Keeping the standard high in the travel industry is one of the most important things that you can do in order to make sure that the customers and travelers in the UK get the best customer service and value for money that they can. This is why customer feedback is vital to the success of the businesses that go that extra mile to make sure that their customers are happy.
This is why the Holiday Extras team have been working tirelessly on making sure that their customers get the chance to give their honest and truthful feedback about the travel companies that they have been using whilst they have be booking their trips away (whether it be for business or pleasure).
The Holiday Extras Customer Awards have been going for three years now and they are a great way to get the opinions of customers out into the open within the travel industry. The winners of the awards are chosen by the online voters who visit Holiday Extras and these are then compiled and brought together to celebrate those who are giving the best service and value for money to their customers in that year.
This year 66,000 people voted in the Holiday Extras Customer Awards and this figure is almost three times more than the number of people who voted last year. The way that these awards are growing in popularity just goes to show just how there was a gap in the market for such an event in the travel industry.
This year’s awards were held in London on 15th September and saw all the movers and shakers from the travel industry join together to celebrate the best performers in 2011.
Here are the people that Holiday Extras awarded as the best in 2011:
– Best Airline: Emirates
– Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
– Best Airline for Value for Money: easyJet
– Best Airport: Belfast International
– Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
– Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
– Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
– Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
– Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
– Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
– Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
It can be really refreshing to know that the winners are successful because of the people who use them on a daily basis (and we all know that customers can often sometimes be the fiercest of critics) have thought that they deserve to be recognised for the good work that they have been doing.
Next year’s awards are set to be bigger and better with more categories and more people are expected to vote– so watch this space!