Posted on 16 April 2013.
It’s been a long winter, but with spring just around the corner, those wanting to relax and rejuvenate winter-worn, neglected bodies should head to Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort in the Maldives. This luxury island retreat enables guests to do as little or as much as they want, offering gorgeous, quiet beaches, a choice of watersports and a selection of restaurants serving fresh and healthy cuisine.
Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort
In addition, Olhuveli is home to an exotic Sun Spa, with treatment rooms hidden away in the lush vegetation, including secluded spa pavilions with a rain shower and outdoor baths. Taking a holistic approach to well-being, therapists offer a fusion of traditional rituals which are perfect for both men and women, including Swedish, Balinese, Japanese Shiatsu, Thai and aromatherapy massages and the Sun Spa Signature – a massage simultaneously performed by two therapists, using a combination of Asian techniques. Read the full story
Posted in Asia, Maldives
Posted on 24 July 2008.
A holiday is something to look forward to, however, the stresses of modern day life can often take their toll and the sheer effort of getting away from work, let alone packing a suitcase and coping with any airport dilemmas can often be quite traumatic. So much so, that even whilst away in the most tranquil of surroundings, it can take some the entire holiday to begin to relax and catch up on their sleep.
For Adults, the Sweet Dreams programme includes:
– Special afternoon and evening spa treatments to encourage a siesta or good night’s sleep;
– A yoga specialist who will offer private classes teaching special breathing techniques and stretching exercises designed to encourage relaxation;
– Special teas designed to aid sleep;
– Massages and baths with essential sleep-inducing oils;
– A special extended pillow menu including buckwheat pillows, memory foam pillows, sidesleeper pillows, etc…
– A sleep concierge who is on-call so if guests can’t sleep they can ring for encouragement;
– CD’s of poetry, music or a talking book which can be delivered to the room so Sweet Dreams guests can listen to their very own bedtime story;
– A Sleep-All-Night-Cap, a special cocktail created by the resort-team using ingredients to aid sleep. Read the full story
Posted in Maldives