Bermuda’s only ultra-casual resort, provides the most spectacular seascapes from an eco-friendly setting with fabulous cuisine and water sports galore. Opening April 1 for its fifth year, 9 Beaches joins Bermuda in celebrating its 400th anniversary in 2009 and offers 9 reasons to visit:
- Bermuda’s Only Ultra-casual Resort – Yes, Bermuda is still a sophisticated and very civilized island, but guests at 9 Beaches can leave the formal attire at home. At 9 Beaches, flip-flops are fashionable and neither jackets nor ties are required. “The guest who loves 9 Beaches is not the typical Bermuda luxury seeker,” says General Manager Robin Gilbert. “Everything we do is designed to appeal to beach lovers who just want to enjoy the spectacular setting, relax and have fun.”
- 9 Beaches — Even at High Tide – True to its name, the hotel does have nine separate beaches even at high tide. At low tide there are even more. The property includes larger beaches and several very private ones tucked away to make a lovely rendezvous. In addition, all 9 beaches are surrounded by the gorgeous turquoise waters of Bermuda offering beach lovers plenty of options for each day of their vacation stay in Bermuda.
- Stylish Cabanas Perched Over Water – Comfortably chic soft-sided cabanas, many at the water’s edge and some perched on stilts over the tranquil waters, offer panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Paradise Pier cabanas sit over the deepest water at the resort and feature a 2’x4′ viewing panel in the floor to reveal the tropical fish underfoot.
- $9 Nights to Celebrate Bermuda’s 400th Anniversary – Throughout the year, Bermuda will be offering special events and activities to celebrate the island’s 400th anniversary. Tall ships, festivals, performances and exhibitions will celebrate Bermuda’s culture and heritage. Plus great offers will make 2009 like no other. Stay at 9 Beaches and receive your fifth or sixth night for only $9. See the Web site for full details: http://9beaches.com/worxcms_published/offer65.shtml
- Home to Bermuda’s Best Water Sports Facility – With a name like 9 Beaches one would expect the hotel to be into water sports, and it is. There are water sports galore at the 9 Beaches Fantasea satellite location — more than any other Bermuda hotel or resort. Guests can kayak, snorkel, scuba, snuba, sail, windsurf, jet ski, take a scenic tour, or try their hand at the newest and most exciting water sport, kite boarding.
- Award-winning Cuisine – Dining at 9 Beaches entails fine cuisine in an ultra-casual setting. It’s no wonder Condé Nast Traveler’s Concierge.com says Hi Tide, the main restaurant at 9 Beaches “is turning out some of the best food on the island.” Simplicity, perfection, freshness and surprise are what guests enjoy at 9 Beaches. For guests who want room service, 9 Beaches gives a whole new meaning to a la Cart. It’s more like beach service! From noon until 10 p.m. our roving private dining cart serves up favorite snacks, light meals, and beverages anywhere at 9 Beaches. A simple call is all it takes. Guests can have a Grilled Goat Cheese and Vegetable Wrap with San Benedetto Iced Green Tea delivered to whichever beach they happen to be sunning on.
- Destination Weddings – Casual is in, even in destination weddings. As one of the best resort values in Bermuda, 9 Beaches is becoming increasingly popular for weddings with more than 40 performed in 2008. Since 9 Beaches offers such a romantic venue with beautiful backdrops, the resort has become a Bermuda wedding hot spot. Prospective brides and grooms can find all they need to plan their destination weddings with the 9 Beaches wedding planner: http://www.9beaches.com/weddings/WeddingPlanner.pdf
- 9 Beaches #5 on Trip Advisor.com – 9 Beaches receives rave reviews on TripAdvisor.com, the largest travel community in the world. As the resort’s message has reached its primary audience of outdoorsy beach goers, the 9 Beaches guest experience and satisfaction have increased tremendously since first opening in 2005. Based on traveler reviews posted on TripAdvisor, 9 Beaches is now ranked as the 5th most popular hotel in all of Bermuda.
- Bermuda’s Best Resort Value – Rates start at only $280. At 9 Beaches, things are done a little differently. No need to whistle for service. All guests receive a Bermuda cell phone (one per cabana) for free local calls and to avoid incoming international call roaming charges. The cell phones are pre-programmed with useful island phone numbers such as taxis, the concierge, a la Cart, Hi Tide or the manager. Those hesitant to leave the world behind can downshift and download at the same time with Wi-Fi and an Internet station.
About 9 Beaches
9 Beaches is Bermuda’s only ultra-casual resort and includes 84 private cabanas stretched over 18 acres on the westernmost tip of Bermuda. Some guests have called it, “Heaven on Earth for the down to Earth” and “Bermuda’s Unassuming Paradise.” With nine private beaches (even at high tide) and some of the most beautiful water in Bermuda, the resort caters to active, down-to-earth individuals who are young at heart and love the great outdoors.
9 Beaches is proud of its environmentally-conscious efforts, especially its xeric garden landscaping used throughout the resort (from the Greek “xeros,” meaning dry). Intended to conserve water, 9 Beaches’ attractive and sustainable “xeriscape” uses native varietals requiring no additional watering and is based on sound horticultural practices. Also, the property is dotted with artificial Longtail nests to encourage the native bird population.
So, guests can enjoy stunning ocean views from a cozy cabana situated in a healthy, natural setting — perfect for traveling earth lovers.
Other environmental aspects include:
- Solar powered lighting and hot water
- Battery operated transportation around resort
- Caught rainwater for use in the hotel
- Motion sensors on exterior cabana lights
- Local produce when available.