Starwood’s Four Points by Sheraton brand is accelerating its expansion in Asia Pacific with six new hotels planned to open in the region this year. The new hotels, including four in China, the brand’s first hotel in Malaysia – Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, and the first in Vietnam – Four Points by Sheraton Halong Bay.
“Four Points by Sheraton is in the midst of a truly impressive, global growth spurt due to its popularity among customers and investors alike,” said Miguel Ko, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Asia Pacific. “The strong demand for moderately priced lodging coupled with the increase in domestic travel in many Asian markets is helping to propel the brand’s growth to a level that is expected to rival that of Starwood’s luxury and upper upscale brands.”
Four Points by Sheraton was introduced to Asia Pacific in 2000 with the opening of hotels in Sydney, Geelong, Shenzhen and Chung Ho. The brand’s Asia Pacific portfolio has since grown to 21 hotels, eight already open for business and 14 under development in Mainland China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Cambodia and Vietnam.
With a flair for fun and an eye for clean, appealing design, Four Points by Sheraton covers all the basics including a comfortable bed, quality shower, state-of-the-art meeting facilities, restaurant service and extras guests love like the brand’s signature Best Brews program or Feel Good Treats.
“Four Points by Sheraton is an ideal product for many markets in Asia Pacific because the brand caters to both mid-scale business and leisure travelers, while meeting the demands of meeting and event planners with a comfortable, fun and fuss-free hotel experience that at the same time provides great value,” added Ko.
The brand’s new hotels opening in Asia Pacific this year include:
1. Four Points by Sheraton Changshu – opened March 2008
2. Four Points by Sheraton Hangzhou, Binjiang – opened January 2008
3. Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian – scheduled to open July 2008
4. Four Points by Sheraton Guangzhou, Dongpu – scheduled to open September 2008
5. Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, Malaysia – scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2008
6. Four Points by Sheraton Halong Bay, Vietnam – scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2008