San Diego North’s year-round temperate climate and an abundance of outdoor recreational activities make the resort region a great destination for health and wellness. Visitors can get a whole body work out while having fun and stimulating the mind during a getaway that encompasses all aspects of total fitness:
· Cardiovascular – Hiking Torrey Pines State Reserve on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean or cycling past a waterfall through the extensive geological formations of the Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve allows visitors to experience stunning views of the region’s natural beauty while engaging in cardiovascular activity.
La Jolla Cove
· Strength Training – Visitors can take a yoga class on a stand up paddle board on the ocean or learn to surf; these activities combine traditional fitness components to strengthen muscles and sculpt the body in a serene setting.
· Flexibility – Whether engaging in seaside yoga sessions, partaking in golf fitness screening and flexibility classes or learning circus-style aerial stunts, visitors can find a multitude of activities designed to increase flexibility and overall range of motion.
· Mental Stimulation – An abundance of mental restoration offerings, including year-round colorful exotic gardens perfect for meditation and therapeutic spa treatments made from local organic and natural healing ingredients, provide visitors with a variety of options for relaxation, rejuvenation and self-reflection.
· Nutritional – Containing the most organic farms of all the counties in the nation, San Diego’s surplus of fresh produce make it a natural choice for farm-to-table dining. Visitors can also learn about nutrition and maintaining a healthy lifestyle from The Grand Del Mar’s Holistic Lifestyle Coach while enjoying a nutritious meal at the award-winning property.
For more detailed information on health and wellness offerings in the San Diego North region, click here or visit the www.SanDiegoNorth.com press room. Special wellbeing packages and deals can also be found at www.SanDiegoNorth.com/Wellness